Sunday 20 November 2011

Dark Fever by Karen Marie Moning

Darkfever (Fever, #1)Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was undecided on whether I should give it 3 or 4 stars. I decided on 3 because the story wasn't that fab. Towards the end it picked its pace up and did reel me into the story more, so I am interested in seeing what happens in the next installment.

It was the character Jericho Barrons that had kept me reading this book. Barrons is such a interesting mystery I found myself skimming some of the duller bits to find any information on him, I could. He isn't like other male character's that you fall for while reading and want to read more because they are just so damn sexy. He is something else entirely, i can't put my finger on it, he's alluring and fascinating. I definitely want to learn more about him.

The story starts with MacKayla Lane an ordinary 22 year old from Georgia, telling us her story...

Her sister Alina has been murdered in Ireland and the only clue to the murderer is a confusing voice mail message on Mac's cell phone. She goes to Ireland to talk the Police into keeping Alina's case open. But falls into a world of Fae. She uncovers Truths about her sister and herself that has been kept from her by her parents all her life.

Mac runs into Jericho Barrons, he seems to be the only person that can and will answer her question's, well some of them anyway. As much as she doesn't trust him any further then she can throw him. She finds her self going back to him in need of help. Mac agrees to help Jericho find the elusive "Sinsar Dubh" --that her sister mentioned on that voice mail message--- and hopefully it will lead her to her sisters murderer. Barrons leads Mac not only deeper into the Fae world, but also into the world of a mobster ex-boxer, and a vampire's lair....

A great piece of advice from Barrons that will stick with me for a long time is ".....if there's one thing I've learned in life it's this: assume makes an ass out of u and me.

a sight from the book that will never leave my mind: Barrons painting nails... LMAO.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...