Sunday 20 November 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

BloodlinesBloodlines by Richelle Mead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a HUGE Richelle Mead fan, I have read all of her series and love them all for their own reason's. I was gutted when I heard that Last Sacrifice was the last in her Vampire Academy Series. So when I heard that Richelle was starting a new series that was a spin-off to Vampire Academy, I was extremely happy.

The main character/narrator of this book is Sydney, who we first met in Blood Promise. Obviously Richelle kept us in the dark about which other characters were going to be featured, dropping hints here and there. I, along with all other VA fans; was hoping that one of those characters would be Adrian. We left him heartbroken by Rose in Last Sacrifice and I felt a need to see more of him and hopefully see him recover and move on.

We start to see a possible love connection between Sydney and Adrian that did get on my nerves a little and I found myself shouting at the pages. "Just Kiss, damn you!"

Eddie was another character from VA that was in Bloodlines, but I felt he needed a bigger part in this story. At the end it showed potential that the next book might give us that.

We were given a new character called Micah. I'm just not too sure about what I think of him. There is a connection (if you want to call it that) between him and Mason, (whom died in on of the VA books) that Eddie picks up on. It affects Eddie quite a lot. I'm not sure if that connection is what puts me off Micah or if it's just the name. As I read another series by Laurell K. Hamilton which has a Micah who debuts in Micah, He is THE Micah. Maybe I should call Richelle's Micah, Michael as I read and see if that helps.

The only problem I had with Bloodlines is that I found it was just too predictable! I was hitting my head with the book every time it hinted at Jill's attack/rescue. The other main Tattoo thing was really predictable too. But saying all that I loved being in Sydney's head and loved getting to see Adrian too.

So definitely want to read the next one, especially since a certain person walked in the door at the end. It sounds like he might be staying for a while too. ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...