Sunday 20 November 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book would of gotten 5 stars but I struggled to get into it. I had to read a good 30% of the book before I couldn't put it down. So for that reason I only thought it fair to have 4 stars.

 Synopsis ~ "In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love."
This may have some tiny spoilers. It's a hard one to review without spoiling it.

I love the whole concept of the story. I guess it's a more brutal immoral form of Big Brother, but with teenagers as the contestants. Katniss is a great character but she bugged me when she didn't get Peeta's feelings.

I'm going to open the next book right now just so I can find out what happens with Peeta and Katniss next, now that they are home. Not to mention what is Gales reaction going to be about it all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...