Monday 20 June 2011

Wisp by Kevin R. Maze

WispWisp by Kevin R. Maze

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ellerton, Alabama is a small town with practically no crime, and no homicides in five years. So Sheriff Stan Murphy is surprised when he is called out to investigate a death at Bowers Field, a popular hunting spot. Instead of finding an accidental shooting, he finds the mangled body of prominent business man Edwin Price. The 47-year-old real estate broker does not appear to be the victim of any known wildlife; in fact, there’s very little physical evidence except the presence of misshapen footprints that disappear just a few feet away from the body.

Alex Fiedler is a reporter for The International Paranormal Reader and also Murphy’s nephew, who is in town to interview an alleged UFO abductee. Joins Murphy on a quest to find the elusive killer the papers refer to as “the Shadow Man.” A search that offers more questions than answers. A search for a figure of unspeakable horror that just may not be human…

Over the course of the next week, the people of this quiet town face its worse nightmares, transforming this restful hamlet into a community of fear.

Kevin R. Maze takes the reader on a ride with this book. It's a crime mystery, thriller with a paranormal element to it. It's been a long time since I have read a book that I couldn't guess who the bad guy was. With Wisp I had no idea, I suspected a couple of the characters and was so for from the truth it was ridiculous. Lol.

I found Kevin R. Maze's writing so descriptive. I was right there with Sheriff Murphy and his nephew Alex on there Quest to find "The Shadow Man"

I found that this book reminded me a little of Lee Child's, Jack Reacher series. But with a paranormal twist.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a mystery/thriller.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just met Kevin Maze last week, downloaded the book on Kindle and absolutely could not put it down. Loved every page. Makes you wonder if there is a sequel...

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...