Monday 6 June 2011

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11)by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witness' the fire bombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows.."

Well I kinda feel a little deflated after reading this installment.
I found this book different from the earlier books, the last book was a similar disappointment.

It seemed to skim over things a lot, Charlaine didn't seem to really go into detail with anything. Like when she was describing fighting scene's she just rushed through them. "unknown enemy vamp #1 down." with a list of others down. It was just all so sketchy.

Throughout the book I found numerous paragraphs were really just Sookie rambling on about irrelevant things. Even Charlaine thought so as the paragraph ended with the statement. Irrelevant!

I love knowing whats happening with the characters because I love Charlaine's characters. But it seemed more like I was reading a bullet point memo about them rather then falling into their world like I did in the much earlier books.

I have always been an avid Eric fan, I have always believed they belong together. But I found myself irritated throughout this book by their relationship. I was wondering why there was no sex scenes and they got to one. ONE in the whole book, What? Really? just One?
And what a disappointment it was. It was not even worth her keeping it in. "He said "I'm going to tear your clothes"
"okay"
after an exciting few minutes he said "i'm tearing mine too" "
That was followed by some "go harder.. go go go" and an "is this hard enough""
WTF was Charlaine thinking when she wrote this? there have been way better sex scenes in her books then this. This one lasted 16 lines? In my opinion, from what I have gathered about Eric reading previous books, he would not ask permission to tear clothes off. I don't even think Sookie would ask him to go harder. I don't know it was just odd.

I even found myself wanting Dermot to get with Sookie, even though he is her Great-Uncle, ICK.. I think Sookie needs to leave town and find a normal guy, they all seem to have an agenda and I'm fed up of her whining over it. She knows she is valuable to all the different supe's, for one reason or another. So she should leave town and cut off contact, and start afresh. The only person I think loves her for who she is and not what she is, is Sam Merlotte. He seems to be the only genuine one around.



All in all. It was an okay read, but I won't rush out for the next installment when it comes out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...