Monday 6 June 2011

Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton

Hit ListHit List (Anita Blake #20) by Laurell K. Hamilton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover synopsis: "My name is Anita Blake. The vampires call me 'The Executioner'. So when a series of gruesome and spectacular murders occur in the Pacific Northwest, the local police call in me and fellow US Marshal Edward to track down a serial killer they are convinced must be a 'monster'.

But I know that some monsters are very real. The Harlequin have been the bogeymen of the vampire world for more then a thousand years; they are a secret so dark that even to speak their name can earn you a death sentence. Now they are here in America, hunting weretigers and human police. And me.

The Harlequin serve the Mother of All Darkness, the first vampire. She was supposed to be dead, but only her body was destroyed. Now Mommie Darkest is back, determined to kill Edward and possess me. And she doesn't care how many others have to die along the way."

This one of the best Anita books I have read in a long time. It was like the earlier books with the crime scene's and the U.S Marshal politics. 

I also loved seeing Edward being such a huge part of this book. Most of the other books he's in, he tends to come in towards the end of the book, to help save the day. But he was fighting alongside Anita all the way from age one. We got more insight into Edwards life and feelings too, which was great. 


Although she was working away, hunting monsters we got to see some regulars like Domino and Nicky. And of course, No monster hunting party is complete without Bernardo and Olaf, even though I think he is more of a monster then the actual monsters! Plus we got to meet plenty of new faces too. One of them called Ethan who is rather Hot.. ;) 


Anita was Bad ass in this book. Laurell has reminded me of the reason I loved this series. Can't wait for the next book.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Eesti said...

I cannot express how big a fan I am of the early Anita Blake books. But after a while they started to go downhill....Possibly, that was inevitable considering how many of them there are, but whether or not it was that just seems to be the case. Hit List isn't on par with some of the other books in the series which were sometimes brilliant, but it wasn't bad. I especially liked all the Edward moments. (Personal bias, favorite character after Anita.)
It was a mix...on the plus side, it wasn't all about her sex life. Not a prude I just get bored with a lot of the sex scenes in this series (which isn't to say they're badly written they just don't interest me personally. I have friends who like them though so if erotica (right term?) is something you're into that news might mean something different to you. But at the same time I still felt like the plot was weaker then it could have been. I don't want to use spoilers but an example would even be the resolution. Things seemed too simple considering especially the antagonist.

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...