Monday 14 May 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I give INSURGENT 3.5 stars.

I loved the story and feel like i would give 5 stars for the story and character angle the author went in. But the style of how she wrote it didn't seem to flow smoothly like DIVERGENT did. --I will have to reread DIVERGENT to make sure it wasn't written the same, but I don't remember noticing it so I think I am right to say it wasn't-- She gave us a scene and instead of finishing the scene off and smoothly lining us up for the next we got **** and a totally new scene. It was almost like she wrote the scenes as they came to her and instead of smoothing them all into a story she just plonked them into order an left it like that. It was like reading a tv show script. I just feel that we got ripped off a lot of story that we could of enjoyed more.

After saying all that I loved everything that went on with Tris, her journey of self discovery. Four/Tobias really annoyed me, he seemed to be on Tris' back most of the time. At one point I thought she should go for Uriah, which is something that would never cross my mind in DIVERGENT. Four did win me back with his last few sentences in the book. I just hope he stays that way in the next instalment. I don't like calling him Tobias, he will always be Four to me. maybe that why he was horrible in INSURGENT he was Tobias, not sweet Four.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...