Sunday 6 May 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James


Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. 

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades. 

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.

I am loving this series. I was up until 4am finishing this last night, It obviously resulted in me waking with a pounding headache but oh well It was worth it.

I still have issues with the author using strange words like loquacious, inveigle, avaricious, taciturn and panacea to name just a few. Seriously what twenty something would really use words like that in everyday life?  I think the author swallowed a thesaurus whilst writing this book.

I was also really irritated that Christian Grey constantly said "Come" as an order to follow him or go with him. I was so ecstatic when at the 80% mark of my Kindle book he actually switched things up and said "let's go" If I wasn't sat down I would of fallen over. He spoilt it when he said "Come" again on the next page... and the next... and the next... and yep you guessed it... the next!

Even though I am complaining about these little things, I still can't give it less then 5 stars. I love the story/plot and characters way too much.
I am now going straight for the third installment. Laters :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...