Tuesday 1 May 2012

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party...and to feed.

Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining - and it's Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead...or undead"


I liked this story, but I finished it feeling like there was something missing, I can't put my finger on what it was.

The characters were all good characters, funny, well described, they all seem to have a mystery hanging around them. Ivy, Rachel's roommate has a few mysterious things about her like: Why is she helping Rachel? How come she lived in the church before Rachel moved in but made Rachel think it was the same day? I like the character Ivy but the WHYS are adding up and it is starting to bug me. Nick is similarly odd. The fact that Rachel doesn't question anything makes me think of her as weak.

Now Trent has that whole 'What is he?" question hanging over him. I like a good mystery but this book and its characters seem overloaded with it. Maybe thats what put me off giving it more stars. It flowed well, was full of action, but there wasn't really any romance, that could also be putting me off because I love a good romance.

I didn't see any of the "sex appeal" that was described in the above synopsis.

I will definitely read more of the series, even if it's just for Jenks, the only character that doesn't have any mystery to him. He is a funny little Pixie is Jenks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...