Tuesday 27 August 2013

Tattered Love (Needle's Kiss #1) by Lola Stark

Tattered Love (Needle's Kiss #1)Tattered Love by Lola Stark
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*I was honored to receive an ARC by the author for an Honest review.*

I had been following Lola Stark on Facebook while she was writing his book and the teasers she released totally hooked my in, I could not wait until release day. I was lucky enough to acquire an ARC and I totally fangirled, jumping up and down ad clapping, I was so excited to read it.

"When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle's Kiss tattoo parlour, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down.
Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?
What starts out as a little fun, turns into something so much more.
Can Scarlett look beyond Mace's devastating past or will his demons come back to haunt them both?
Content warning: contains steamy, anywhere-goes sex, an alcohol induced embarrassing night out and two headstrong lovers taken on a whirlwind of crazy"


As soon as I started I wanted to be Scar’s best friend she is such a bad-ass character.
4% in,I read this one line
“Not to toot my own horn, but toot motherfucking toot,...
And I changed my mind I wanted to BE Scar.
She hates being girly, prides herself off not being one of those sappy girls that swoon all over the hot guy.
Take a look at this conversation Mace : “Think you can look at me and tell me, baby?”
Scar: “No, I don’t wanna do the girl thing and cry. You’re makin me feel all squishy and shit,”
See what I mean? Scar is just awesome. I’m totally girl crushing on Scar now.

Scar’s best friend Teeny, is just as awesome. Their friendship is the best kind of friendship, the one all us girls wish for.
“Teeny, told me all the time that I was a knock out, but she had to talk me up, it was in the BFF rule book. It could be found right between “I shall not screw your man” and “during a bitch smack down, one must take each other’s back, or distract the police long enough not to get caught.”

Teeny has a great way with words, the best positive spin on any situation.
”What if he’s it, babe? What if he’s not just another asshole wrapped in tin foil? What if he’s your knight in shining armor?”

Mace... Where do I start with Mace? He is one hunk of a man.. That, is a good place to start. He will make the toughest chick turn all mushy, go ahead reread the quote I mentioned above... When he wants something he gets it, he does everything he needs to, to get it. But he is all kinds of charming and sweet too. He is still an idiotic man that makes mistakes, but thats alright what man isn’t an idiot at times.

The story is brilliant full of humor, swoonworthy romance, drama --good drama, not the over the top shit--, and those slap a character in the face moments too. It is a fantastic debut from Lola Stark and I for one can’t wait to read Trip’s story in ‘Conflicted Love’.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...