Monday 12 August 2013

Red Moon by M.A. Grant

Red MoonRed Moon by M.A. Grant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Dark, moving and original, a story of family, survival, and getting on with life...
Flynn Sinclair understands pack loyalty — for years as his Alpha father’s enforcer, he has done things in the name of duty that he can’t ever forget. But the vast expanse of Alaska offers him a peace he’s never known. Alone, removed from pack life, he can focus on his research and try to forget his life before.
    But duty has a way of inviting itself in, and Flynn finds himself doing two reckless things in one week: leaving the safety of Alaska to save his brother Connor’s life, and unwittingly falling in love with Evie Thompson, a woman who doesn’t deserve to be drawn into his terrifying world.
    Connor carries news of their father’s descent into madness, and it looks like neither geography nor Flynn’s attempts at disengagement will put off a confrontation. Flynn had finally begun to believe that he might deserve something good in his life — something like Evie — but to move forward in the light, he must first reconcile with the dark."


I will start of by saying I have an unhealthy obsession with werewolves. I love werewolves, I want to be a werewolf, I adore anything werewolf related.. right now I have gotten that out the way back to Red Moon.

This take on werewolves was slightly different to other books being that it was only the males that became werewolves genetically. It took me a while to get into this story, I am not quite sure why it may come back to my obsession with werewolves. It took a little while before we saw some werewolf action. Or maybe it was because I was struggling through a book rut at the time I was trying to read this and no fault to this story at all. Flynn is a great character with a love for his family (or most of them) even if that is going against what he was taught growing up. Evie came out of a mentally abusive relationship and I felt she was strong for not allowing herself to fall into that pattern again and watching out for the signs. Cooper now he is a gem on this story and I really am hoping to get more from him. By the looks of the epilogue we are going to get just that.

I only had two problems with the book. The first was Evie realising she loved him after only seeing him 3 times, 2 of those had been 2 minutes in duration. It just wasn't very believable that she could love him that quick. The second was the dreams and flashbacks that Flynn had. They were written in italics so I knew they weren't the present but sometimes I couldn't tell if the dreams were flashbacks or just dreams. Some needed explaining just a little more. But in saying that it didn't take anything away from the story and once I feel into it I was well and truly stuck.

Well done M.A. Grant. I'm looking forward to reading more from you and these characters.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...