Saturday 31 August 2013

Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken

RuinRuin by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.
I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.
Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same. 
And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own."
This is one of those books that will stay with me for a long time.. It is a beautiful story. It won't RUIN you, it will fix you. 

It made me laugh and cry. I loved the characters, Wes was so wise, when you know you could die from an illness you have, it gives you a whole new way to look at life and how you live it. You don't take it for granted like everyone else seems to do. I saw that in Wes, he was such a strong lovely man. I think I fell in love with Wes. No wonder Kiersten fell for him.
Angela was a beautiful thought. I like to believe that is possible.

This book will give you new ways to look at grief and cancer. I've lost people to cancer and I have fought cancer myself, RUIN has given me a whole new perspective on the fight, whether you win or lose. Such a beautiful book.

I wish the authors family members strength through their fights. 

My love and prayers go out to anyone fighting the fight or watching a loved one fight the fight.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...