Monday 27 January 2014

Binding Arbitration by Elizabeth Marx

Binding ArbitrationBinding Arbitration by Elizabeth Marx
My rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Through the corridors of the Windy City’s criminal courts, single mother Libby Tucker knows exactly how far she’ll go to save her cancer-stricken son’s life. The undefeated defense attorney is prepared to take her fight all the way to the majors.

Circumstances force Libby to plead her case at the cleats of celebrity baseball player Banford Aidan Palowski, the man who discarded her at their college graduation. Libby has worked her backside bare for everything she’s attained, while Aidan has been indulged since he slid through the birth canal and landed in a pile of Gold Coast money. But helping Libby and living up to his biological duty could jeopardize the only thing the jock worships: his baseball career.

If baseball imitates life, Aidan admits his appears to be silver-plated peanuts, until an unexpected confrontation with the most spectacular prize that’s ever poured from a caramel corn box blindsides him. When he learns about his son’s desperate need, it pricks open the wound he’s carried since he abandoned Libby and the child.

All Libby wants is a little anonymous DNA, but Aidan has a magical umpire in his head who knows Libby’s a fateball right to the heart. When a six-year-old sage and a hippy priestess step onto the field, there’s more to settle between Libby and Aidan than heartache, redemption, and forgiveness.



~Review~

I had seen the reviews of this book, people saying they cried.. Whilst I was reading this I was thinking to myself this is a touching scene but I'm not crying. Well I hit one point in the book and my heart was ripped out of my chest, from that point on I did nothing but ugly cry. Because I was reading it until midnight, I have woken up with puffy eyes and a stinking headache. I wouldn't change it for the world. I loved this book. It's was touching and beautiful. It made you think about forgiveness and love. I would recommend this to everyone, but you will be best having a box of tissues handy.
I have a few bits that I wish were wrapped up, but I am hoping that in regards to those unfinished plot lines, we might get a book from the character in questions point of view. Fingers crossed.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

Elizabeth Marx said...

Thanks Aimz. I'm really sick and finding your lovely review really brightened my day. Thanks for taking the time to read and review my work.
Elizabeth

Aim4theNeck said...

You are welcome. Thank YOU for sharing a wonderful book with the world. I hope you feel better soon.
Aimz :)

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...