Monday 8 October 2012

Kiss The Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #21) By L.K. Hamilton


Kiss the DeadKiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it's up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she's faced with something she's never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people--kids, grandparents, soccer moms--all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there's one martyr, there will be more... 
But even vampires have monsters that they're afraid of. And Anita is one of them..."


It's taken me a good week after reading this to process the book enough to write a review.
I don't know if 3 stars is me being slightly harsh but I just couldn't force myself to give it 4 stars. 3 and a half yes but 4, NO.
I liked the storyline and I loved the fact that it had all my favourite characters in it. Actually Edward was missing so I guess it didn't have them all but almost all. Richard was nowhere in sight... Yippy... And finally  ****TINY SPOILER**** people are getting pissed off with Asher.... Woohoo. Boy.. his jealousy and self loathing is doing my head in.

I really enjoyed it but when I finished,it left me feeling disappointed it just wasn't meaty enough. Yes Anita had a RPIT case, Yes she had sex numerous times with numerous lovers... Yes there was shootouts, bombs and hostage takings... BUT there was just something missing. It just wasn't quite ...... Right...

Hopefully the next one is meatier!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...