Monday 31 January 2011

The Judging by Ellen C. Maze

The Judging: The Corescu Chronicles Book OneThe Judging (The Corescu Chronicles #1) by Ellen C. Maze

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won this book from one of Ellen C. Maze's competitions, Ellen wrote inside it “Enjoy the ride”. What a ride it was!

Mark Corescu is like Dexter with fangs.

Mark was a Priest before being transformed into a vampire, back in 1640. He has lived his vampire life, believing he is doing God’s will by killing evildoers of the human race; giving them the chance to repent, before draining their bodies of blood and subsequently ending their lives.

Fate brings two people into his life who make him question whether these judging’s he’s been performing are really the will of God? Or could it be an idea the humanity left in him cooked up so he can live what he has to do to survive?

This is so well written.

Throughout ‘The Judging’ Ellen C. Maze takes you from one characters point of view to the next. I personally find this confusing or annoying in other books. But Ellen does it so well, I found myself enjoying each character as they came along and connecting with them in a way i never thought possible. It was always just at the right time. When I was starting to think what is he/she thinking about this, the next paragraph I’d be in his/her head and he’d/she’d be telling me exactly what I wanted to know or just enough to satisfy my mind for the time being.

I’ll be first in queue to buy ‘Damascus Road: Book Two of The Corescu Chronicles’.

I already have Ellen C. Maze’s other book ‘Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider’ sat on my kindle waiting to be read next. :)

Everyone should definitely go out and buy this book immediately, you don’t know what your missing.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Ellen C Maze said...

Wow! You really honor me with this review! Thank you so much. I'll be sharing it all over!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the ride and I promise to take you on another with Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider :-)
~ellen

Aim4theNeck said...

Thank you, you write a brilliant story.
The kids are back at school tomorrow, so i'll be able to get well and truly stuck into Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider. Can't wait.
=] Aimz

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...