Wednesday 12 January 2011

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed #1) by Lara Adrian

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book, which was a nice surprise. I had heard if I like J.R.Ward, (whom I adore) I'll like theses books.
I found them very very much like J.R.Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. They were so much like them, I'm not sure if they were too much like them.

The storyline and characters are great, Lucan is the leader of the Breed warrior's who seems to hate the monster he is.
The Breed are Vampire's who originated from 8 Ancient aliens who crash landed on earth and found the only food they could eat was human blood, they impregnated human women (as the ancients are only men) and the babies are the breed. Thier enemy's are Rogues who are Breed mambers who have become too addicted to Bloodlust.
There are Human women who are born over the years with a birthmark that marks them as a Breedmate (one who is strong enough to carry a breed members child and will become a life long mate)
Gabrielle has one of these Birthmarks and when Lucan finds it he decides he doesn't want to weaken himself by becoming tied to a breedmate. But will he be able to keep himself away from the pull of her Jasmine scented blood.

I'll definately move onto the next book to see which warrior's life we get a look into.

There are some HOT and STEAMY sex scenes in this book. Cold showers WILL be needed after reading.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...