Sunday 3 April 2011

Daisy Chain by Mary E. DeMuth

Daisy Chain: A Novel (Defiance Texas Trilogy)Daisy Chain: A Novel (Defiance Texas Trilogy #1) by Mary E. DeMuth

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had been trying to get hold of this book for such a long time, I can't actually remember where I first heard about it. But it finally became available on kindle in Australia and I snapped it up.

During this story we follow Jed a 14 year old boy, whose best friend Daisy goes missing. We feel his guilt for not walking her home and we suffer with him every time his father loses his temper. As he wishes all the way through the book that he could protect Daisy, his Mama and his sister Sissy, I felt like I just wanted to protect him. Although this book was heartbreaking at times. It also had some happy moments were Jed felt connected with people who cared and who would help him not stay on the right path, as to not turn out angry like Hap.

I would definitely recommend this book. I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy......Pick it up and Enjoy. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2) by Eden Finley

Author: Eden Finley Book: Unspoken Vow Series: Steele Brothers (#2) Genre: MM Romance 𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖...